You can improve memory and focus at any age!
Learn how to reverse declines in intellectual ability. (1) Yes, that's possible, and I can show you evidence. For years, I've taught nursing students the Psychology of Adulthood and Aging and helped them uncover many misconceptions about "normal age-related memory loss." I can do the same for you.
I offer 4 opportunities for healthy aging and optimal brain health.
Brain Health for Total Health is a personalized program.
The program adapts the 6 Pillars of Brain Health from the Cleveland Clinic:
- sleep and relaxation,
- brain-stimulating activities
- relationships & social connection
- stress reduction
I've added individualized assessments (genetics and nutritional labs), personalized eating plans, and any needed nutritional supplementation – personalized based on your lab work and genetics.
Your Next Steps for Brain Health for Total Health
Schedule an informational visit with me here. It's a free 10 - 15 minute phone call or Zoom video chat to discuss the program, your needs, and options.
- The Journey of Adulthood is an online class coming in October 2023. It's the class I taught nursing students for years – newly updated and without tests or grades! This is an excellent class to examine your personal journey of adulthood. It also helps you understand what's normal and what's optimal for your aging parents' development.
Content & Structure for The Journey of Adulthood
The class will have on-demand video seminars for each topic listed below. Readings are "assigned" for your interest. There is an option for live (via Zoom) questions and answer sessions.
- Introduction to Adult Development
- Physical Changes
- Health and Health Disorders
- Cognitive Abilities
- Social Roles
- Social Relationships
- Work and Retirement
- The Quest for Meaning
- Stress, Coping, and Resilience
- Death and Bereavement
- The Successful Journey
Your Next Steps for The Journey of Adulthood
Contact me using the blue "Contact me here" button below.
- Preventing Alzheimer's is a video series featuring experts in brain health and aging, with my comments.
Leading experts in brain health – show us how to have a healthy brain and give you cutting-edge information revealing how to maintain brain health into old age and live a long, healthy, fulfilling life.
Content & Structure for Preventing Alzheimer's
This is available only in the members' area of our online library.
- The Alzheimers Epidemic
- Untangling Alzheimers
- Alzheimer's Prevention Tool Kit
- How to Change Your Brain for the Better
- Diabtese and Alzheimers
- Eatign to Prevent Alzheimers
- The Gut-Brain Connection
- Stress and Alzheimers
- Move for a Better Brain
- The Power of Sleep, Nature's Brain Tonic
- Avoiding Brain Tozins, The Role of Your Environment
- Support Your Brain with Supplements
Your Next Steps for Preventing Alzheimer's
Enroll in the free membership and then request access using the "Contact me here" blue button below.
- Educational articles and classes Learn the basics of healthy aging and develop a plan for your journey. Enroll in this site's membership (only a free membership is available for now) and make suggestions about which topics you want me to address next. I'm doing this day-by-day, and your input will guide what I do next.
1. Bee, Helen, Bjorklund, Barbara R. The Journey of Adulthood. Prentice Hall, 2000 p. 135 & 2020